Academic Council of CCLP Worldwide
The Academic Council has been constituted by International Council to promote Education & research activities.Date of official constitution 26thAugust, 2010
I.Object and functions
The Academic Council shall, subject to the financial constraints determined by the International Council and to review by it, control the academic affairs of the CCLP Worldwide. Without limiting the generality of this, the functions of the Academic Council shall include, within those constraints and consistent with the functions of the Organization:
- to design and develop programmes for Educators,
- to establish structures to implement those programmes,
- to promote the highest standards of teaching and learning,
- to make recommendations on programmes for the development of research and more generally to promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge,
- to consider application for award of academic title :Fellow Chartered Educator to deserving applicants,
- to determine the selection, admission, retention and exclusion of applicants for fellow Chartered Educator Title and rank ,
- to propose the form and contents of statutes to be made relating to the academic affairs of the organization,
- to award fellowships, scholarships, bursaries, prizes or other awards,
- to make general arrangements for tutorial or other academic counselling,
- to perform any other functions which may lawfully be delegated to it by the International Council, and
- to implement any statutes and regulations made by the International Council relating to any of the matters referred to in this subsection.
Membership- The members of the Academic Council may be nominated by International Council of CCLP Worldwide
- The first three members of The Academic Council shall be the three Chairpersons of the International Council.
- The International Commissioner of CCLP Worldwide shall be the Dean and Rector of the Council.
- The International Council may nominate 10 more members from their International Council or Educators of High repute.
- The Constituted Academic Council may also approve appointment of member subject to approval by International Council. They may appoint not more than 50% of the total members present in the international Council.
- The total members of the Academic Council shall not exceed 15 (excluding Co-opted members) and not less than 5 at any point of time.
- The Academic Council shall nominate up to ten members as co-opted. The co-opted members shall not have any voting rights.
III.Term of office
Members in all categories are appointedex officio, and so their membership ceases when they cease to belong to the category of person by virtue of which they were appointed to membership. The term of office of the members in all categories shall be three years.
IV.Powers and procedures
- Meetings and procedures. The Academic Council may hold such meetings as it thinks necessary, and regulate its own procedures, subject to any directions of the International Council. The Chairman may call a special meeting at any time, and shall call such a meeting upon a requisition addressed to him/her, signed by not less than three members of the Academic Council, and stating the object for which the meeting is to be called. The Academic Council shall report its decisions to the International Council.
- Due to geographical limitation any meeting may be held through video conferencing or emails or teleconferencing.
- 50 % of total strength of academic council may form quorum for the sake of meeting at any point of time.
- The Chairman shall be entitled to act as Chair at any meeting of the Academic Council, and (if s/he chooses not to do so) shall nominate a Chair. In default of such nomination, the members present shall elect a Chair. The President shall have a casting as well as a deliberative vote; any other person acting as Chair shall have a deliberative vote only.
- Committees. The Academic Council may establish committees, to which it may delegate such of its functions as it thinks fit. Such committees shall be composed as the Academic Council thinks fit, and may include non-members. Each committee shall operate in such manner, and have such duties and powers, as the Academic Council may direct. The Chairman shall be entitled to act as Chair of any such committee, and (if s/he chooses not to do so) shall nominate a Chair, and may call extraordinary meetings of the committee.
V. The Executive Secretariat of Academic Council: The International Secretariat of CCLP Worldwide shall act as executive secretariat of the Council and shall render secretariat services to all the members of Academic Council.